PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Component Jumping Levels

cphubb
2011-07-11, 10:28 PM
Got a new one.

Placing a component (non-hosted) in a floor plan view. Component places correctly as expected. However I noticed when copying the component the second and subsquent versions were not visible though the temp dimensions are there.

After investigating the copy is jumping up one level and actually associating with that level. But even after changing the associated level and aplying the element stays at the higher level while still reporting the lower level.

I assumed someting with the family, but this has occured with a couple of families today.

Could not find anything here or on ADESK. Anybody else seen this? any idea why?

Thanks

MNsnowtaTy
2011-07-12, 03:26 PM
I've seen it before too!

Select the family you want to copy and make sure that the level that you are copying to in the properties box once selected to copy is still showing that you are copying from the same level.

I've had that issue where someone has specified things for a certain level and then Revit wants to stay with that level until it's changed so anytime I would copy something from level 1 it would copy it all the way to level 2. I would cut a section in the area where it is supposed to be and just copy the families down to level 1 making sure that the properties level is set to level 1.

Hopefully this is the same issue and does the trick for you.

cphubb
2011-07-12, 03:52 PM
Definatly did that. Even after copying the element and changing the level it wont move.

I have one that is on the proper level with elevation of 0'-0" and another on the wrong level with an elevation of 0'0" they are actually on different levels.

Only happens when I copy. Not when I place

nancy.mcclure
2011-07-13, 05:07 AM
When you copy, are you snapping points on model geometry? Could it be picking up a Z direction modification that way?