PDA

View Full Version : Calculated field in schedules

MikeJarosz
2011-07-12, 02:39 PM
I have a calulated field in a room schedule. The fields are all room name text, so I don't need to keep it as a volatile formula. Can a formula be converted into it's value like in Excel?

adcherry
2015-04-15, 09:38 PM
Did anyone ever find a solution to this? I'm trying to do the same to "lock down" program space numbers before renumbering rooms to a client standard.

dhurtubise
2015-04-16, 10:04 AM
If i understand correctly you have are calculating a parameter using a formula and now you want to set that value directly without using the formula anymore?
I'd use Dynamo, here's an example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ph24emq09o0eci8/Calculating%20Values.zip?dl=0

In this case i'm using a calculated value based on a multiplication of 2 numbers.

DaveP
2015-04-16, 01:35 PM
I'd love to see an "Explode" tool in Schedules.
Both for Mike's original example, but also for values assigned by Key Schedules.
It drives me nuts that if I have something assigned by a Key and then I need to change, say, one of the six values, my only option is to set the KEy to <none> and then type in all six values again. It would be so nice to be able to just retain all of those values, but not have them linked to the Key anymore.

dhurtubise
2015-04-16, 01:51 PM
It would be so nice to be able to just retain all of those values, but not have them linked to the Key anymore.

Not sure what the is the point if using a Key Schedule if you want to use manual values. It defeats the purpose for me. If you want that "kill switch" just use Dynamo.

DaveP
2015-04-16, 02:51 PM
The point is that inevitably, at some point, you're going to need to tweak just a few of the items.
Sure, 98% of them can use the Key Schedule, but there's always some that are "almost exactly the same".
But not quite.

MikeJarosz
2015-04-16, 06:01 PM
OMG! I've come back from the dead. I don't even remember posting this one!