PDA

View Full Version : Civil 3D / Revit / Navisworks

Revit for Breakfast
2011-07-13, 07:30 PM
I brought a surface from civil 3D into my model today. All is normal except for when I look in a particular direction everything disappears. As I keep tuning the model shows up. If I remove the Civil 3d file, problem goes away.

Thoughts Ideas?

pauljordan
2011-07-13, 10:14 PM
Have you tried importing the file into Revit Arch and then having them export to .nwc?? Long way around the lake but, better than gettin wet..

Revit for Breakfast
2011-07-14, 12:46 PM
This is the area we have the most trouble with Revit. Trying to get 3D data from Civ3D to Revit. Do you have a cheat sheet for this?

amixam
2011-07-14, 07:43 PM
Sounds like your culling planes are limiting the view of the model. Do you have any artifacts way outside your C3D file? You can quickly determine this by checking the scene statistics. If you see a very large bounding box numer (exponents listed) than there's a good chance that's what's casuing this.

1. Remove or hide the artifacts, or
2. Change the culling plane to fixed and modify the Near values to prevent NW from culling the model when you rotate.

Cheers,
Scott

opesch
2011-09-20, 12:11 PM
2. Change the culling plane to fixed and modify the Near values to prevent NW from culling the model when you rotate.

Hi Scott...

I've search in the help AND in our "Mastering naviswork 2012" but haven't found how to do this !!!

I've only seen how to disable "little object culling" function which is supposed to hide non viewable abjects and not cutting the whole scene !

I've found 2 overcomes :

I've found one entity to hide.... a little wheel in a SKP crane (I used 3 times the same rail-going crane but only one instance has this problem !?!)

I've found that when I switch from perspective to orthographic camera the culling is less prone to come ! but when it comes it is active in every single perspective view ! so I've to do undo till when it comes and don't click on the last object I've selected before

So could you please tell me where to disable the far/near culling planes ?

payre
2011-09-25, 11:02 AM
I'll steal Scott's thunder... :)
The culling settings can be found in File Options which is located under the Home Tab on the left hand side.
I've always used the "constrained" setting rather than "fixed" because I think there used to be some other issues with "fixed", but can't remember what they were...probably not an issue any more.