PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Revit Link not displaying properly in Section

aargumaniz
2011-07-14, 03:06 PM
I have an issue where my sections do not show the corect information. I did change my plan view to Structural discipline while working in Revit Architecture. Why you ask, well I didn't want these new sections to appear in my working floor plan. These sections are created to export to people using Microstation.

When I would open the sections while in the Structural discipline I noticed that even though my section was looking East, I was able to see all the information on the West side of my plan. I assuemd that the issue was that it was the Structural Discipline that was creating this error. I changed my floor plan view back to Architectrural but the sections were still wrong, and some of the sections were missing a big chunk of the building that is attached to the file that I am creating the sections from.

I've purge and audited the file and I can't fix this. This project is also a workshared project with Shared Coordinates.

Any solutions before I submit this via subscription?

david_peterson
2011-07-14, 05:39 PM
From what little I know, sections don't care what the plan usage is when cutting them. Also while sections can have a default view template, it's tricky since even though it's the default, I believe you still have to apply it in order for it to work.
If you've cut a section as a section, you should have a scope box associated with it. In plan, drag the end of the scope box back towards the section line. You shouldn't be able to see anything beyond that line/scope box.

aargumaniz
2011-07-14, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I already know this. The section itself is displaying information behind me and the incorrect information infront of me. I'll submit this to the Autodesk.

david_peterson
2011-07-14, 07:58 PM
If it's a draw order type of error (ie you want to display something behind and it's displaying in front, because it is in front, you're out of luck. You could try setting up that view with an override to make those things in the link transparent.
Could it be that you're link is set to display a certain view from the linked model (ie not by host or custom, but by linked view?)
Again, I'm just trying to think of what might be the error in question.