PDA

View Full Version : Door for hoistway wall

MikaelR
2011-07-20, 12:07 PM
Hi, I'm creating elevator family, and I can't get the doors to work.

I need a door which should be face based, in order to get it to connect with the hoistway wall, which is a extrusion not a wall. Problem is how to create face based door which would cut the extrusion mass? Any ideas? Anyone?

Thanks!

Norton_cad
2011-07-20, 01:28 PM
Use a wall opening, not a door. Add a aligned sweep of an L-angle to the opening, for extra detail. The cab door is another kettle of fish...

patricks
2011-07-20, 06:23 PM
Why are you not using a wall for the hoistway?

I just downloaded a ThyssenKrupp elevator family, and it comes with 2 separate families - a wall-hosted elevator family, and another wall-hosted opening family, since an elevator actually has doors at each landing and another set of doors in the cab itself.

MikaelR
2011-07-21, 09:59 AM
Thanks guys!

I solved this by just making face based family, which looks like a door. It's not a "real" door, but works just perfect for the purpose. And there is no time to make any radical changes.
That ThyssenKrupp looks excellent btw..

patricks
2011-07-21, 02:34 PM
Thanks guys!

I solved this by just making face based family, which looks like a door. It's not a "real" door, but works just perfect for the purpose. And there is no time to make any radical changes.
That ThyssenKrupp looks excellent btw..

Yeah I had to do a couple of corrections on it to make it work correctly, such as defining an origin ref plane aligned and locked to the ref level. Also the machine visibility doesn't work as described in the read-me file, but I needed to remove that component out and place it as a separate component due to my machine room layout (not typical)