PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Elevation Tag Disappearing When View is Cropped

sad407404
2011-07-20, 01:41 PM
Please help!

We have a project going out at the end of the week, and for some reason everytime the one floor plan on a sheet gets cropped the one elevation tag (and only one of them the others stay) disappears. I found this post: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=51793&highlight=elevation+tag+disappears
but none of these solutions work. I've had the person put on the annotation crop and drag it way out in space well beyond the extents of the elevation (both the view line and the depth clipping of the elevation). And yet, it still keeps disappearing. I have attached two images showing what I'm talking about. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

P.S. We are using Revit 2010 with this project and it cannot be updated to 2012.

Ning Zhou
2011-07-20, 04:23 PM
back to basics.
keep wondering why head and body of elevation tag need to be separated? i may miss something very simple as it must have obvious reason why not using same way as section tag.
not only moving around is difficult, but also when duplicate elevations, you'll have trouble to distinguish which elevation tag head / body is for which view.

Steve_Stafford
2011-07-21, 02:53 AM
The "cut-plane" of your elevation is outside of the crop boundary. If any part of it returns inside the crop boundary it will reappear.

Steve_Stafford
2011-07-21, 02:56 AM
...keep wondering why head and body of elevation tag need to be separated?...Section is for just one view. The elevation symbol is capable of representing four separate views with one "tag". The arrows represent the views (and are the views) and the "body" is the annotation base for drawing reference.

Ning Zhou
2011-07-21, 06:48 PM
thanks Steve for clarification.

well, kind of cleaning up elevation tag mess now, turned out lots of body w/o head.

cliff collins
2011-07-21, 06:59 PM
Another possibility is the Annotation Crop in the view--can't recall off the top of my head if it affects elevation tags............but always check this when annotations mysteriously "disappear".............

cheers

patricks
2011-07-21, 07:32 PM
Another possibility is the Annotation Crop in the view--can't recall off the top of my head if it affects elevation tags............but always check this when annotations mysteriously "disappear".............

cheers

Since an annotation crop is always outside the view crop, and since an elevation tag will disappear if the elevation cut is outside the view crop, I don't believe it could have anything to do with the annotation crop location.

Steve_Stafford
2011-07-21, 07:42 PM
...can't recall off the top of my head if it affects elevation tags...Nope, has no affect on Elevation annotation.