PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Returing Project Base Point to Origin

silexz
2011-07-20, 05:56 PM
I have most of my project modeled and annotated. During the initial stages of the project I ended up moving the Project Base and Survey Points off of their Origin starting point to coincide with a .dwg I had linked in.

I want to move the Project Base and Survey Points back to this original location for coordination with a common origin point between the two software.

As you may know Revit exports its origin as the 0,0 point in autocad, instead of the Project Base Point. So I just want to line them back up again.

Thanks,

Teresa.Martin
2011-07-21, 04:11 AM
I have most of my project modeled and annotated. During the initial stages of the project I ended up moving the Project Base and Survey Points off of their Origin starting point to coincide with a .dwg I had linked in.

I want to move the Project Base and Survey Points back to this original location for coordination with a common origin point between the two software.

As you may know Revit exports its origin as the 0,0 point in autocad, instead of the Project Base Point. So I just want to line them back up again.

Thanks,

For the project base point, assuming you moved it unclipped, you will need to unclip it and then choose "Move to start up location" from the right click menu. You can leave the survey point alone or you can choose to set it to the coordinates of the project base point. It depends of it you need it for alignment purposes.

Regards,