PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Modeled Objects Display Order

ekonski319518
2011-07-22, 07:10 PM
Does anyone know why a locker is displaying over a structural or architectural column?

The columns are out of the box revit columns (10'-0" tall) and the locker is a speciality equipment family with an basic extrusion (7'-0" tall). The locker should be hidden by the columns not the other way around.

Is there a way to change the display order or priority of a modeled object?

See attachment.

Thanks,
Ed

BMcCallum
2011-07-22, 07:34 PM
The 'Specialty Equipment' category doesn't cut but the columns do so the Specialty Equipment displays as being taller than the columns, thus the appearance shown in the image.

The cut range defaults to 4'-0" (1200mm) for a plan view so the locker displays as 7'-0" tall while the column cuts at 4'-0".

You could use Show Hidden Lines to make the column appear. Or don't put columns through lockers. ;)

ekonski319518
2011-07-22, 08:28 PM
Thanks BMcCallum,

I changed the family category to casework and now it cuts properly. I wish we had the choice if the family was cutable or not.

Also, the graphics were not only messing up when it overlaps but also when the edges touched as if the locker was against the column.

BMcCallum
2011-07-22, 08:42 PM
When you say 'messing up', do you mean half of the line width from the column disappears? This is what I would expect to happen.

sifuentes
2011-07-25, 07:34 PM
In your wall based families or those freestanding that lean against a wall, you can create a subcategory like "Line at Wall" that will match the wall cut style.