PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Curtain wall panels behavior....what gives?

T_Livingston
2011-07-22, 08:29 PM
I am having trouble with consistancy and the way in which a curtain wall panel behaves. I use a curtain wall system for laying in my stone composite wall panels. I have many courses in a stacked bond pattern.
My issure is when i try to edit the profile in elevation say for a window opening or door opening. I cannot follow the behavior of the curtain wall. Sometimes my punch through will work just fine, other times it hits an error and cannot make my panel family and has to resort to the default glazing panel.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

cliff collins
2011-07-22, 08:47 PM
Instead of using Wall Profile edits for door and window openings, perhaps try this:

Use a Curtain Wall Door for doors, substituting it for a typical curtain panel. Make sure a Curtain Wall Door family is loaded into the project.

For windows, try substituting a Wall for the curtain panel, and then you can insert a window into the "wall"
that is embedded in the curtain wall. You can create a custom Wall Type that is the thickness of the curtain panel. A bit or a workaround, but worth trying. The "wall" will schedule if quantity take-offs are important--
if so you can apply a Filter and exclude it in Wall Schedules.

cheers

dfriesen
2011-07-28, 06:10 PM
Another alternative is to use Empty System Panel in the places where you want a hole in the curtainwall.