PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Constant crashes with hardware acceleration

james.a.e
2011-07-26, 10:31 PM
Hello people! A quick question for you- I am running a consumer geforce 460 card which I used with revit 2011 with no problem- in 2012 I get crashes with it every 10 odd mins which are fixed by disabling hardware acceleration and whilst there appears to be little difference in rendering and navigation speeds the main issue is that I cant see textures when "realistic" display mode is selected in view- does anyone have an idea on how I can either solve my crashes with HA on or get textures to show in view (they still render) without HA on?

Thanks!

gtarch
2011-07-27, 12:14 AM
I have no good advice except to say that we also found 2012 to be more picky that 2011, and we had some crashes on the rig after the switch to 2012. Do you load SP1? You never know what bugs are fixed with these computers.

I just ended up dumping the old card and getting a new one. A Radeon 6670. Seems fine. I don't think there is any science here, just dumb luck.

patricks
2011-07-27, 08:19 PM
I would go with either a Radeon HD 57xx or 67xx card, or an nVIDIA GeForce GTX 4xx or 5xx at 1 GB minimum. I tend to prefer nVIDIA stuff, although I'm using an HD 5770 currently with hardware acceleration on and have no problems in Revit. Renders blazingly fast.