PDA

View Full Version : Contour follower vectorization tool

caduser
2011-07-28, 05:29 AM
I am attempting to follow contour lines on a topo raster. I need to shorten the length of the segments when doing so as there are not enough segments and the lines don't have enough detail. I assume there is some variable I am missing, but so far have been unable to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Ray

Jmurphy
2011-07-28, 10:52 PM
Try in the Raster Design Options, VTOOL Follower tab, Check the box for End current polyline if closed loop detected. Then set the size of the pixels to what you may need.
Then on the VTOOL General tab there may be a few options that may need to be changed. Can't say with out seeing your topo and the pixel size etc.
Then look on the Raster Enity Detection tab, for the Max Jump Length size.
Also keep in mind any speckels in the topo image, the pixel size and density

caduser051574
2011-08-31, 11:25 PM
Murph,

Sorry I was unable to respond sooner, but the powers that be seem to feel I should be taking care of other projects that they are paying me for. :-{)

I tried your suggestions, but am still having issues with RD cutting corners especially when I finish the contour line and end the command.

I have attached png files of the topo (Tmp) and screen dumps of the VTools General (VT-Gen) and Raster Entity Detection (RastEntDet) tabs in RasterDesign Options.

I am using 2010 versions of Map 3D and RasterDesign.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,