PDA

View Full Version : Default Camera Height?

Sharker
2011-07-28, 12:31 PM
In Revit Architecture 2011, how does one change the default camera height? For some reason unknown to me my option field automatically sets the camera height for a 3D view to a -0'-8" height. Obviously this is not insurmountable as I can adjust the height as necessary but it is an annoyance to have to remind myself to change the option. I am hoping this is something simple that I am overlooking but it has eluded me thus far, any help would be appreciated.

patricks
2011-07-28, 03:04 PM
As you're placing a camera view, you can set the offset height and associated level in the options bar just below the ribbon. I believe the offset height will be saved for future use.

Mine always goes to 5' - 6" above the view's associated level by default.

Sharker
2011-07-28, 07:45 PM
Regardless of what I change the offset height to (and I usually stick with 5'-6") the option bar ALWAYS defaults to -0'-8", even at different levels.

cliff collins
2011-07-28, 07:56 PM
Does it do this just in one project, or all projects? How about starting a new Project?
Better yet, open the Template File (.rte) that loads when starting a new project--
drop a camera in ans see what height it defaults to.

It has something to do with a camera's relationship to the "origin" ( Project Base Point ).

I have seen this change in a project before--and it turned out that the Project Base point had been moved
unknowingly, and caused some very odd behavior.

cheers

Sharker
2011-07-29, 12:02 PM
I thought you might be on to something there but after opening multiple projects and the template and checking the Project Base Point in all attempts the PBP was in it's correct location and the problem still surfaces. Very odd and frustrating.