PDA

View Full Version : blue rooms

MikeJarosz
2011-07-28, 03:28 PM
Help! I'm sure every BIM manager has faced this situation before.

We are working on a 15 story tower. We have a team assigned to the various floors. Just one floor has turned completely blue! I have isolated the problem to rooms in only one view. Unfortunately, it's the plotting view! (see attachments). The color scheme is set to none. There are no overrides. In fact no other view in the project is blue. Just this one. It might even be accidental, but the person responsible for this floor is out today.

Where else can I look to undo the blue?

cliff collins
2011-07-28, 03:35 PM
Turn off Color Fill in Rooms under VG.

see attached.

jsteinhauer
2011-07-28, 04:00 PM
Mike,

FYI, the darker the blue, the more rooms in that location. If you consult your room schedule and sort by area, you'll see plenty of redundant rooms. These rooms may be just placed in the wrong location or the wrong level. I went through a similar exercise last week to coordinate rooms between my model and our project leads.

Hope this helps,
Jeff S.

MikeJarosz
2011-07-28, 04:09 PM
Turn off Color Fill in Rooms under VG.

see attached.

That was it!

We are all working furiously on redundant/unenclosed rooms. The schedules are a lifesaver. This project is being done under GSA space guidelines.

patricks
2011-07-28, 07:10 PM
I was going to say check for custom overrides of MEP linked models within the view. I have found that any custom model override (turning off particular categories) in an MEP models makes their Spaces suddenly visible, although they're usually green. I always have to remember to turn off Spaces in a model if I need to turn off anything else.

MikeJarosz
2011-07-28, 09:18 PM
I have had problems with consultant links in the past, but there are none on this job working in Revit as of today.

But they're coming......... You'll be hearing from me for sure