PDA

View Full Version : Curtainwall Mullions

Arkman
2011-07-28, 07:57 PM
All of the sudden today my curtain wall mullions want to snap to the grid line on the side of the mullion rather than the center. This wouldnt bother me except i have to make it work with other mullions I've put in snapped to the center of the mullion. They won't line up.

I have no idea how or why they started snapping to an edge of the mullion. Can I change it back to the center some how?

cliff collins
2011-07-28, 08:06 PM
The mullion is generated by a Mullion Profile, which has an Origin in relation ship to the curtain grid.

In the Project Browser, check under Families > Curtain Wall Mullions > find your mullion type, and click Edit Type. Then check the settings--see attached.

cheers

Arkman
2011-07-28, 08:13 PM
That was my initial thought. Specifically the "Width on Side 1 / 2" section. It seems normal. Could it be that the profile family is off the center reference plane in the family?

cliff collins
2011-07-28, 08:26 PM
It could be--you can open the Profile Family and check it.

As another test, try changing the mullions to another Type and see if they align correctly or not?

cheers

Arkman
2011-07-28, 08:38 PM
It seems as though all of the profiles act the same way. I tried to open the family but couldn't find it. When you look in the project browser to locate it there is no edit option like other families.

cliff collins
2011-07-28, 08:53 PM
You can open it by Open>Family>Profiles>Curtainwall

see attached.

Arkman
2011-07-28, 09:55 PM
Ok. I looked at that set of families. They all appear normal to me. I'm at a loss now. I can live with it, its just frustrating I guess. Mostly that I can't figure out. WHY?

cliff collins
2011-07-29, 01:08 PM
Try starting a new blank project, create a new curtainwall, and see if the mullions align correctly.

If so--then it's something specific in your project.

cheers

Arkman
2011-07-29, 02:51 PM
It must be. I had to make a new certain wall in the same project and it works like normal. Weird.

Arkman
2011-08-02, 08:55 PM
Ok, I'm back at this. After spending more time with the problem it seems to happen in the same project and even on the same window system. One mullion will insert centered on the grid line and one mullion will insert off to one side or the other of a different grid line. I'm lost. Anyone?

cliff collins
2011-08-02, 09:21 PM
I suspect a problem with the Mullion Profile.

Do all the Mullion types do this, or just the rectangular one?

Try using a "circular" mullion or some other type.

cheers

Arkman
2011-08-03, 01:48 PM
I'll try it again the next time it starts happening. I think I tried a different mullion but it might have been a different sized rectangular mullion.

I guess the part that has me confused is that it is so intermittent. I'll make one grid and place a mullion and it's centered...2 seconds later I'll make another and it goes off to one side.

I'll check the other profiles next time it starts to happen.