PDA

View Full Version : Interior elevation cutting short

cbalestreri
2011-07-28, 10:25 PM
I'm having trouble with an interior elevation. when I place the elevation symbol on the plan, and double click to get to the view, I shows from 6" below the slab to about 4" above. We recently added some site structures and placed them on a demolition phase. I suspect that might be causing the problems. The old site wall, which runs down the middle of one of the new rooms, is causing the interior elevation in that room to come up with only half the width of the room. In other words, it is seeing the demo wall as defining the edge of the interior elevation. Am I causing troubles by phasing?

cbalestreri
2011-07-29, 05:37 PM
If it was too difficult for you to understand, you could simply ask that I rephrase it. Since yesterday, I figured out what half of the problem was. I had made a sheet vinyl floor, and applied it on top of the slab. For the floor construction, I made the structural core a finish layer and set it for 5/64". When I deleted the floor out, I could get full height interior elevations. I think it might be best to make the structure 5/64" and apply a 0" thickness finish layer with the vinyl floor pattern to it. I am still having a problem with revit seeing wall in the demo phase, and using the demo'd walls as wall boundaries. I have my phase set in the view to new so the demo walls shut off. Also my second floor interior elevations appear to be of the inside of the floor structure, and not the floor above. Again, any thoughts?

renogreen
2011-07-29, 09:03 PM
I've run into this situation from time to time with an interior elevation...and have never taken the time to explore it. I simply stretch out the view and move on.

One note about your phases. Most Revit users do not use a separate Demolition Phase. For demo drawings create a plan view, set the phase to New Construction and set the phase filter to Previous + Demo. This seems to cut down on a lot of the issues that can occur with having a separate phase for demo.