PDA

View Full Version : terraced houses on different levels

Max Lloyd
2005-01-13, 04:49 PM
Hi everyone.

Whats the best way of dealing with a terraced block of houses that have different levels? Lets say you have 3 houses in a terrace, the layout and exterior finishes are identical for all three, but each house is 600mm lower than the next.

My inclination is to model and annotate (room tags etc) one of them, then copy it along to its new location, then try to force it down by 600mm. Not quite that simple. I then figure its best to set up a series of new levels that are 600mm lower than the previous. Copy to clipboard the first house from say level 1, then open up the new level which is 600mm lower, then paste into that. Hmmm, not too good either!

Is there an easy way to do this?

rhys
2005-01-13, 05:01 PM
Have a look at groups they are greatly improved in v7.
If the project is only 3 houses then you may find it is as quick to actually model the varying wall heights and levels as they need to be.
I always avoid repeating information and use a single house in the terrace for the layout with a note to say that the other units are as type1 or are type 1 handed. The party walls are always an issue especially if the units are stepped.
If the varying levels were confined to separate blocks then I would look at linked RVT files.