PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Scheduling Revision Clouds

BrenDillon-IHA
2011-08-03, 02:36 PM
I'm working in RAC 2012 and have noticed that every Revision Cloud possesses a Mark and Comment Instance parameter. This is useful for labeling, but I'm wondering if there's a way to create a schedule for these individual clouds with Marks and Comments. It would be great to be able to list all this information automatically on a General info sheet. So far I haven't been able to find a way to do this.

cliff collins
2011-08-03, 02:54 PM
Does this help?

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2012/Help/Revit_User's_Guide/1394-Document1394/1882-Prepare_1882/1954-Revision1954/1972-Revision1972/1973-Specifyi1973

cheers

BrenDillon-IHA
2011-08-03, 03:05 PM
Does this help?

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2012/Help/Revit_User's_Guide/1394-Document1394/1882-Prepare_1882/1954-Revision1954/1972-Revision1972/1973-Specifyi1973

cheers

Afraid not.
Let's say I'm issuing Revision 1 and I've got 30 revision clouds throughout my set. I'm looking to create a schedule that will list the Mark and Comments for each revision cloud. The Comments field would hold a description of what changed and why, then a reviewer can reference that sheet (either on a full-size drawing sheet or on an 8.5x11) and get a description of what that particular revision was.

kare2trot233977
2011-11-16, 10:31 PM
I agree this would be very useful. Any workarounds available to create this revision cloud schedule with comments?

libre
2013-05-21, 04:52 PM
I am looking for this as well.. any updates?
Thanks

Dimitri Harvalias
2013-05-21, 08:47 PM
Nope. These instance parameters are still not accessible to be scheduled, even in 2014. You could use one of the (generally) unused fields (Issued by; Issued To) to add comments but because those are type parameters as well you won't get that instance flexibility that you are after.
There are some clumsy workarounds involving symbols but nothing as simple as being able to schedule the clouds as you'd like to.

libre
2013-05-21, 09:32 PM
hmmm thanks..
any other possibility to schedule the mark-ups?
thanks

Steve_Stafford
2013-05-21, 10:02 PM
I believe that Whitefeet Tools (http://www.whitefeettools.com) will let you export a report of all the revision clouds. This report could be imported into Revit using a tool like BIM Link. It isn't simple or straightforward but you might be able to accomplish what you want. Since the API is being used by these other tools to access the information that means that you could create your own tool, assuming you or someone you know can write code for Revit.

The Revision Cloud behavior in Revit was purpose built to report data into sheets the way that it does. They have not responded to requests like these yet since the methodology presently in use is the more commonly requested solution (to report the occurrence of revisions in a table on the sheet's titleblock).

rperaza390167
2013-07-15, 10:02 PM
Please - add this to the wish-list, this way we could easily manage and monitor all RFI's. It's a must-have.

ntopliffe
2014-01-07, 05:01 PM
Bringing back up to the top. Is there a way to schedule clouds yet? I will investigate the Whitefeet Tools now.

Thanks!

Neil

martinezdesign
2014-12-19, 01:15 AM
Yes, there is a way. The CASE Revit plugin has a feature called "Revision Cloud Reporting." This schedules all revision clouds, including the Comment and Mark parameters. We have instances where the same revision sequence (ASI #40) covers multiple RFI's. It's nice to know which sheets actually were affected by the RFI. This way we can at least issue the sheets affected by a given RFI in the RFI response before submitting the ASI.

boofredlay
2015-12-02, 05:00 PM
CASE no longer exists, they are part of WeWork and the plugin is no longer available for download. Sigh, I got my hopes up for nothing.

dkoch
2015-12-02, 07:04 PM
The Mark and Comments parameters (along with other data) can be collected by Dynamo. See image below. Dynamo could push that information to an Excel file. Would that serve your purposes?

Sash Kazeminejad
2015-12-04, 07:50 PM
Hello,

There is a way to look at your revisions and clouds using a few Revit plug-ins. You can look into Ideate Explorer to search for all of your Revision clouds and then query them for more information:

http://ideatesoftware.com/support/help/ideate-explorer/how-to/how-can-i-use-ideate-query-for-quality-assurance

If you are interested in generating a matrix of all the sheets and the revisions on the sheets, you can use Ideate BIMLink to extract the data to an Excel file and then using a Macro template to format the raw data output, it will generate a nice looking Excel schedule that you can then import with Ideate Sticky:

http://ideatesoftware.com/support/help/ideate-bimlink/how-to/use-ideate-sticky-with-ideate-bimlink

Hopefully this helps!

Sash Kazeminejad

dkoch
2015-12-08, 03:40 PM
I added to the Dynamo graph that I screen captured above, to include nodes to gather the data in nested lists, with each main list being a list of the data for one Revision Cloud (and included a header row) and then added nodes to push the data to an Excel file. The attached ZIP file contains the current DYN file for the Dynamo graph (done in Version 0.8.2) and the resulting Excel file (Office 365).

dkoch
2015-12-08, 04:30 PM
Here is a more elegant way of generating the header list than what I used in the previously attached DYN file. I was too lazy to look up how to create a list of text items in a Code Block when I was working on getting the Revision Cloud data to Excel, but afterwards it bothered me, so I made the effort and learned that you can generate a list of strings by separating the double-quoted strings with commas and enclosing the entire list in curly braces.

zhuliyi0
2016-06-09, 10:53 AM
Check this tool on Autodesk App Store:

Revision + Cloud Manager (https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=8420591257342001611&appLang=en&os=Win32_64)

It finds all clouds in selected revisions, display them in a table, and you can export them to Excel.

It can even find the detail number of a cloud automatically if that cloud is on a sheet.

This tool also has robust features for managing revisions and sheets.

There is a trial version available, so try it out!

Serhii
2017-04-28, 07:29 AM
Possible workaround. Use a family with a model text parameter. This text can be scheduled from linked files also. So step by step:
1) create generic model file (annotation families are not displayed from the linked files)
2) create some specific style in Objects style and assing it to anything you create in this family (lines, circles, model text etc.). This will give an opportunity to turn off the visibility of this family in your drawing without deleting all "notes"
3) create Shared (!SHARED!) text parameter (in order to schedule it in the future). Load this parameter to your family paramtrs as Instance parametr.
4) Create a model text and assign Shared text parameter to it (Type some text in this parametr before assigning it).
5) In the properties of Model text, lines etc. turn off visibility in Left, Front view etc.
6) Add this Sheared parameter to all your projects files and load your family. Now you can add any comment (through this shared parametr)< see this text in your drawing and schedule it.
N.B.: This family can be added only on floor plan views (not sections, elevations)