PDA

View Full Version : How to change Leader line pattern (spot elevation)

mclaren
2011-08-03, 03:04 PM
How can I change leader line pattern (e.g. form solid to dash dot) for spot elevation.
I want to change (modify) only leader line pattern
I have tried to use override but all of them (leader + spot elevation) are changed and
I have tried Object Styles (Annotation Objects) but I can't find which of them is for leader line pattern

Please help me..!

Look at the image

patricks
2011-08-03, 03:49 PM
Not possible as far as I know. Maybe someone else knows of a way.

We just use them with the solid line. The building still gets built just the same. :)

cliff collins
2011-08-03, 03:54 PM
It appears that you cannot change the leader line style, either in the Type Properties or under Object Styles.

I tried adding a new subcategory in Object Styles for the Spot Annotation Line Style, --no luck.

Sounds like a Wishlist request, if it's not already there.

see attached

cheers

mclaren
2011-08-04, 08:37 AM
Thank you Patricks..!
Thank you Cliff Collins..!

I spent so much time to make this work, but now I can be sure that is not possible.

JFKDMR
2012-07-30, 09:15 PM
Guys I actually found a work around for this linetype problem!!!!:)

You have to do do it everytime you place a spot elevation but it's better than nothing..
Place the Spot Elevation... Right Click... Override Graphics in View.... Elements... Click on the Pattern at the very bottom and select. VOILA!!!! I have 5/8" Centerline leaders to my spot elevations !!! YIPEEE!!!!

cgallatin538076
2014-08-14, 03:34 PM
I know this is a semi-ancient thread, but I have some more information to add to JFKDMRs work around.
It turns out that you do not have to do it everytime you place a spot elevation, you just have to do it once before printing / creating PDFs.

You select your spot elevation, right click, select all in project, graphic override to your hearts desire. bam, you're done. 8)

ThinkRevit
2021-07-06, 10:00 PM
Don't forget to add them to a Selection Filter in case someone destroys your overrides.