PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 'Tag All Not Tagged'

FrenchQuarters
2011-08-03, 07:08 PM
I am tagging curtain panels in curtan wall to call out the galzing type. When I use 'Tag All Not Tagged', it works just fine for some curtain wall and tags every single curtain panel in that curtain wall. But with other curtain walls it doesn't tag even a single curtain panel. With the same curtain wall 'Tag By Catagory' works fine. So the problem is not with the curtain panl family, or the tag family.

I have not been able to identify any difference beween the curtain wall, curtain panel, or the view where 'Tag All Not Tagged' works well, and doesn't work at all.

Has anybody else seen this problem before? what am I doing wrong? what is the solution?

Thanks.

cliff collins
2011-08-03, 07:19 PM
Can you save out just the two curtainwalls--the one that tags correctly, and the other that doesn't--
and post here so we can take a look?

Also--under Project Browser>Families>Curtain Panels select the curtain panel such as "system glazed"
then go to Type Properties, and make sure Type Mark is filled in.

cheers

FrenchQuarters
2011-08-03, 08:19 PM
Can you save out just the two curtainwalls--the one that tags correctly, and the other that doesn't--
and post here so we can take a look?

When I do that, 'Tag All Not Tagged' works for both in the new file. So can't really post that here to be examined. So the issue is caused by some variable in the project environment. Can't figure out what.

Also--under Project Browser>Families>Curtain Panels select the curtain panel such as "system glazed"
then go to Type Properties, and make sure Type Mark is filled in.

I am using a shared parameter to identify the Galzing Type. So Type Mark is not the paramter referenced in the tag. Eitherways, Galzing Type field for the curtain panel family is populated.

cliff collins
2011-08-03, 08:30 PM
Do you also have any Project Parameters set up?