PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Schedule Wall Sweeps

rudolfweyers346383
2011-08-05, 11:31 AM
Im trying to schedule a in place wall sweep, and some "normal" wall sweeps with the same profile. When I create my schedule for the wall sweep, the normal one shows up with all the required fields, but the in place sweep schedules under my wall schedule, even tho i have set the subcatagory as wall sweep. Any way around it?

dhurtubise
2011-08-05, 05:14 PM
In a schedule you are scheduling Categories and not Sub-Categories.

rudolfweyers346383
2011-08-08, 06:47 AM
So there is no way to shcedule my in place sweep with my wall sweeps?

barrie.sharp
2011-08-08, 01:07 PM
Looks like you'll have to stick to one or the other. Is a shame that in place doesn't give you as many options as the schedule list.

I'm interested as to why are you using in place?

rudolfweyers346383
2011-08-10, 06:27 AM
The sweep is on a curved wall and then has to go over the top of an arched window. So the only way i could find to do this is with a inplace family and picking the 3D edges.

barrie.sharp
2011-08-10, 08:44 AM
Not sure on the construction for that. Is it render onto stepped brick banding or are they stonework? In either case I think the arch profile over the window is a seperate detail from the banding and therefore could be scheduled as pieces rather than a lengths. This means they don't need to be on the same schedule. That is my take on it.

Is this existing or proposed? It is quite an unusual detail.

rudolfweyers346383
2011-08-10, 09:36 AM
The "sweep" is a precast concrete moulded profile that comes in 1200mm lengths, which is attached to the wall, so over the arches they will cut up these lenghts into smaller pieces in order to create the arch. So in order to schedule the amount of these concrete profiles we need the total length

barrie.sharp
2011-08-10, 10:51 AM
I see, that does make it awkward. Since it needs to be on a single schedule, you could consider a few other options that I might approach it with.

Model it as a family and add mitre parameters. This can be a good approach because you can calculate wastage etc. You may use a few variations of families under the same category so that they schedule together. Just filter the schedule to isolate your precast profiles
Keep it all in place and use a calculated field to drive length (Use Volume and work out the factor by dividing it by a known length). Needs testing but makes modeling simple
I appreciate that these are just a work around but I hope it helps.