PDA

View Full Version : What happen to my Revit Intro Page??

thand
2011-08-05, 06:55 PM
Yesterday when I went to close out of a project, after the project closed Revit didn't return me to the Intro page with all the recent projects and recent families. Instead it sent me to some weird screen that said "Navigation to webpage was canceled"...

I've attached a few screen shots of the page and would like to know if anyone knows how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

cliff collins
2011-08-05, 07:02 PM
see attached ( this is RAC 2012 ).

thand
2011-08-05, 07:37 PM
I went and checked the recent files under the user interface, and it trys to open the index.html file with my internet browser which in my case is Mozilla Firefox.

See Attached file.

When I click on open.. It opens my recent projects but in Mozilla (in a separate window) not Revit. Is it possible that the index file was moved, and if so were do I try and restore it??

cliff collins
2011-08-05, 07:54 PM
Todd,

Have not seen this before. Are you using 2011 or 2012?

You might try Control Panel>Uninstall>Repair and see if it will fix itself?

There is a new Revit .ini configuration/location in RAC 2012, which can affect the UI-- not sure if this has anything to do with your problem? Something about an xml version of the .ini file has changed in 2012.

cheers

Steve_Stafford
2011-08-06, 01:54 AM
This controls whether or not Revit offers you the Recent Files window now.

cliff collins
2011-08-08, 01:48 PM
Steve,

Good tip.

Would having this unchecked create the behavior the OP was experiencing? Had never seen that one before.

cheers

Steve_Stafford
2011-08-08, 05:52 PM
The browser errors? Probably not. Since it worked yesterday and not now I suspect a restart resolved it.