PDA

View Full Version : Room Freakout After Rotate

antman
2011-08-08, 04:13 PM
I had to rotate my entire building, and now all of my rooms report that they are not in a properly enclosed region. Is there a way to get them to re-find their boundaries, or do I need to recreate them?

Not only that, but if I delete a room and try to place a new one, I get the warning: "A serious error has occurred. It is strongly recommended that you use Save As to save your work in a new file before continuing."

Any ideas?

cliff collins
2011-08-08, 04:18 PM
You might consider rotating the entire Project, not just the building. This way the rooms should stay put,
and it might save considerable time in cleanup and frustrating fixes.

cheers

antman
2011-08-08, 04:31 PM
Maybe I should have considered that... .-) The problem now is that I've done a bit of work since rotating it. It's still a relatively basic level of detail - just walls, floors, roofs, doors and windows, plus a few fixtures.

antman
2011-08-08, 05:37 PM
I'm not sure what's happening, but it seems that the rotate isn't what messed up the rooms. I opened an older version of the project that had been rotated, and the rooms are fine. Anything else that would have caused this? The only errors in the project are 'no loss defined' on 15 plumbing fixtures (whatever that means) and a stair that doesn't have the correct number of risers...