PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Delete multiple "Not Placed" areas

damon.sidel
2011-08-09, 02:04 PM
We made a bunch of area plans all at once without knowing much. We've been figuring things out with area plans and schedules, but there is something I'm still struggling with: How can I delete MULTIPLE areas from the schedule that are listed as "Not Placed"? There are so many that were created automatically within shafts and we don't want to report that area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

renogreen
2011-08-09, 02:47 PM
Assuming you have Area in your schedule, sort the schedule by the Area parameter which will bunch all of the Not Placed rooms together in the schedule. Grab one of the frames and window down until all of the Not Placed rooms are highlighted in black, then delete.

damon.sidel
2011-08-09, 03:48 PM
I kept trying to do that like I would in a Windows Explorer window: start off to the side. Well, thank you. Now I can do one screen's worth... now too bad it won't scroll down automatically so I could do them ALL at once.

MikeJarosz
2011-08-09, 09:38 PM
Once you've dragged the rows and got the black highlighting, right click while still over the highlight. You will get a menu. "Delete row" will be one option. You are probably using the "delete" key, which doesn't work in this case.

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-08-10, 03:05 AM
You can also group your schedule based on level or area. All 'not placed' areas will be grouped together. Now set the schedule so 'Itemize every instance' is not checked. You can then select the one 'not placed' area that appears in the schedule and all not placed ares will be toast :)

MikeJarosz
2011-08-10, 01:56 PM
You can also group your schedule based on level or area. All 'not placed' areas will be grouped together.

Absolutely correct. I forgot to mention they should be sorted by level. What a chore it would be picking through "not placed" scattered thoughout the report.

damon.sidel
2011-08-10, 07:50 PM
Thanks, everybody. I was getting stuck simply trying to highlight multiple rows! Once renogreen said I had to grab a frame and drag, that was it. I'd already sorted/filtered just the Not Placed into their own schedule for easy selection. Thanks!