PDA

View Full Version : Revit 8

barathd
2005-01-13, 06:52 PM
Is Revit 8 still scheduled for a spring release?

J. Grouchy
2005-01-13, 07:42 PM
HA! They're good...but not THAT good...

Scott D Davis
2005-01-13, 08:01 PM
no...they are THAT good! :-)

At AU, it was discussed that we will see a new Revit release in the Spring of 2005, which will be in sync with the debut of Revit Structures, as well as AutoCAD and all of the ACAD based products.

J. Grouchy
2005-01-13, 08:48 PM
Well I would expect a 7.1 release...but a major release of the base program seems unlikely. Then again...you were there and I was not.

christopher.zoog51272
2005-01-13, 08:59 PM
I bet we won't see a 7.1, it will be 8.0, but it probably won't be until the very end of spring. That might be the official renaming launch, to Revit Building, and the launch of Revit Structural, hopefully Revit Systems will not be far behind (perhaps the end of year or early next year?) That would be cool.

-Z

BillyGrey
2005-01-13, 10:34 PM
Future's lookin brighter....

Better get some shades

k.armstrong
2005-01-13, 11:37 PM
So why separate it into Revit Builiding ... etc

Why not have it all in Revit - or am i naive in my thinking and the programme would just get too cumbersome - or can structural and m,e,v,p be plug-ins -

I often find i want to draw things in my architectural drawings that the engineer's have documented (cause the engineers i use are all in 2d)

I would ideally like to just have marked up drawings from the consultants and do the linework as part of my documents - that way i know its co-ordinated

Ok so it increases my drafting time ( a little) but cuts down my headache time and lessens the mundane work on the engineer's part so they can concentrate on designing it correctly

just a few thoughts

k

christopher.zoog51272
2005-01-13, 11:41 PM
So why separate it into Revit Builiding ... etc

Why not have it all in Revit - or am i naive in my thinking and the programme would just get too cumbersome - or can structural and m,e,v,p be plug-ins -

I often find i want to draw things in my architectural drawings that the engineer's have documented (cause the engineers i use are all in 2d)

I would ideally like to just have marked up drawings from the consultants and do the linework as part of my documents - that way i know its co-ordinated

Ok so it increases my drafting time ( a little) but cuts down my headache time and lessens the mundane work on the engineer's part so they can concentrate on designing it correctly

just a few thoughts

kI think we should wait until we hear how it all works, the way i perceived it all three files are linked together and communicate directly with each other. In any event it's just speculation right now.

-Z

narlee
2005-01-14, 05:30 AM
Question: "So why separate it into Revit Builiding ... etc"
Answer: $+$+$.

Wes Macaulay
2005-01-14, 06:02 AM
Now, now... it may be like ADT and ABS where ABS has all of ADT plus the MEP tools. Revit Structure and Revit Systems may have Revit Building included, though Revit Structure's and Revit System's tools might be exclusive to those programs. So Structure and Systems will be the "verticals" of Revit Building.

My best guess anyway...

christopher.zoog51272
2005-01-14, 01:49 PM
Now, now... it may be like ADT and ABS where ABS has all of ADT plus the MEP tools. Revit Structure and Revit Systems may have Revit Building included, though Revit Structure's and Revit System's tools might be exclusive to those programs. So Structure and Systems will be the "verticals" of Revit Building.

My best guess anyway...
That's what I was thinking of as well.