PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Viewports / Templates / View Titles

The Monk
2011-08-12, 04:33 PM
The issue I have confronted is template creation. I used a default template to begin with and I've created a new one with all the typical sheets used, tags (custom as needed), and View Title tag to meet the company requirements. I used the OOTB tag to adjust the geometry, fonts, and various lable configurations. One for view titles with no detail number for example.

What is the issue is now when we use the template and place views on sheets I have to select the view to get the view title to display. The automation has gone away. I cannot find anything under the Manage tab for Viewport title control or anything in the Loaded tags control. The new View Tile object shows up in my Family list. And the various configurations are there for selection. And if I create a Detail view I cannot place it without some graphic work in the view. I am assuming that is because the View Title is not loading upon placement.

To make things even more interesting; if I load the new title tag in a Default template (or one of the other OOTB ones) everything works fine. I can set the Title View configuration I want to use and everything works!. Has anyone else had this issue and a solution?

The Monk
2011-08-12, 09:23 PM
Got the problem solved. What I found out had happened is the system Viewport title view object was revised with a setting which would not display any information. This system Viewport view object is what Revit loads each time a view is placed on a sheet. What seems to happen is when duplicates are made from that basic Viewport view title they become available as an instance condition - that seems to be the way the template is working currently.

There needs to be a better way to control these things.