PDA

View Full Version : Wall Tag/ Wall Section

agon1203726721
2011-08-15, 03:06 PM
This question is hard for me to explain, but I'll give it a shot in hopes of someone reading my mind :)

I am trying to create wall section details that match the wall tags that I have assigned to my different types of walls.
To simplify the question, let's say I have a 2 types of walls. One, exterior and one interior. I would like to tag each wall in plan and also create wall sections for each in which the "detail number" matches/ references the "tag number". And hopefully go a step further to say that the "tag symbol" (or maybe at least one of them) actually references the "wall section".

Is this possible?

For now, all I can think of doing is tagging each wall, then creating a wall section independently. Manually managing the "matching" of details/ tags. This could be a problem if I switched tag numbers and had many multiples of types of walls. I also dislike the differences in symbols of the tag/ wall section in plan

Thanks in advance for any help!

agon1203726721
2011-08-15, 03:54 PM
Also, as a footnote, I attempted following a train of thought that led me to creating a view title which had a label that referenced my wall tags instead of a detail. I was stopped in the process when I figured out Revit only allows: Detail Number, Referencing Detail, Referencing Sheet, Sheet Number, View Name and View Scale.

I believe that would be the easiest way to go, if only it was possible?

wmullett
2011-08-15, 05:14 PM
Most of us use a wall tag that matches the tag in a wall legend sheet which describes the makeup of the wall only - not its junction with other elements like you do in a wall section.