PDA

View Full Version : Imported DWG will not show up in some views

CADDaddy
2011-08-15, 03:37 PM
I imported a DWG that only shows up in some of my plan views. I have checked and turned on all worksets, model categories, annotations, however the DWG still will not show up in some of my views.. This is driving me crazy because it does show up in other views. Any help will would be great, thanks!

renogreen
2011-08-15, 04:36 PM
There isn't enough information to know what exactly is going on. If you import a DWG into a plan, it will show up on that level, but will not show up on other levels. It will not show up on a reflected ceiling plan. If your level is set up at 0'-0" the imported dwg will be at 0'-0". There is also Visibility Graphics (VG) and view range to check.

simong
2011-08-16, 07:02 AM
By the sounds of it, View Range is the one to check. Usually is the one that trips people up in plan views when stuff goes missing!

Make sure your cut plane is above the level the DWG is on, and that your view depth is below said level.

nweeks
2011-08-16, 12:48 PM
Also keep in mind the dwg can be obscured by model elements when it is not linked by "Current view only." For example, a modeled floor will obscure a linked dwg of the plan. Set the visual style to wireframe and see if the dwg shows up.

kmarquis
2011-08-16, 12:50 PM
I would also try to turn your view to wireframe, turn off your crop region, zoom extents. My last ditch effort is always to make a view template from the view that is working fine and apply it to the view that is giving you issues. Hope you figure it out!