PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaand GO. . .WIP

stuntmonkee
2005-01-13, 09:23 PM
Here we go again. I know I haven't been around much lately, but I should be quite a bit more now that I'm diggin into another new project. Not sure how many remember my last posts with the last NAU Building, but this is going to be another building for NAU. This time it's their new lab building.

Everything is pretty early in the design phase, but its starting to take shape.

I'll keep you guys updated as I hit some milestones.

On a separate note, I would also like to send out congrats to Bryan Sutton for his IOTY, as well as everyone else that was mentioned. I was excited and honored just to be mentioned and remembered with the likes of some of the best Reviteers out there. So thanks!

Anyway, here are a few shots of the NAU Lab Building

Thanks Again
Stunts

Max Lloyd
2005-01-13, 11:23 PM
Nice building, and a bit of a slope to the site....makes things interesting.

Looking forward to seeing some more. Lucky you to be working on such a project, I fancy a bit of contemporary work.

What sort of materials are you going for, mainly glass? Possibly not for a lab. By the way, whats NAU?

Scott D Davis
2005-01-13, 11:51 PM
NAU = Northern Arizona University....right Stunts??

stuntmonkee
2005-01-14, 03:34 PM
thats right, Northern Arizona University. The last building was the College of Biz, and this is a Lab.

The materials on this are still being worked out. There will be some glass, but since most of the building is labs, and classrooms, there probably won't be a ton of glass, but there will some some. We are also looking at metal, and concrete, and brick as well.

The existing campus has a ton of brick, and we are trying to update the feel of the area with some fresh buildings, but still trying to maintain a historical feel as well. We don't want a building that screams at you. Should be interesting to see how the lead designers handle that situation.

I'll keep you guys updated as things start to take shape. This is always the most fun part of the project.

stuntmonkee
2005-02-10, 12:04 AM
Aaaaaaaand STOP!

Well, sorry guys, but thats as much as you will all see of that building. As of last monday morning I started a new job for a new company. Lucky for the new company they are using revit, and looking for someone that can help them get up and running on it. I dont know about you guys, but I think that autodesk should start giveing some of a little kick back. This will be the 3rd office that I have converted to using revit. And as cool as revit is, its just not that easy of a task to tell them to stop drop and roll on everything they have know with their existing software, and jump off the Revit bridge. . . .not that they arent happy after they find out that its not that far of a jump, and the water is warm. . .but still!

Anyway, this new place is quickly on track and anxious to get started, so it shouldnt be too long before I'm posting some stuff again.

the good part for me is my title changed. . . .PM now! good or bad, who knows.