PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Ghost Surface and Printing?

lzaras
2011-08-17, 01:38 PM
(I'm working in RST2012 if that helps to work through the issue.)

I have a project; a new addition to an existing structure. We have the Architectural model linked in. But because they did not use any "bearing" walls, we've had to adjust our views to be Coordination Dicipline and use filters to show the exterior walls.

Because of using Coordination, some of our existing structure does not show the way we want it to. They are concrete pan beams ("T" shaped in section) and we want to see the stems of the beams.

I found that, in plan view, I can highlight all the concrete pan beams and set them to "Ghost Surface" and I can see the stems. (That was an exciting find!!!)

However, now it's time to plot. My plan view and my sheet view show the beams the way we'd like to see them. However, in my actual plot we don't see any concrete beams at all.

Am I going about this the wrong way? How can I get my beam stems to plot?

antman
2011-08-17, 03:48 PM
This is possibly the most annoying thing I've seen in 2012 - ghosted views and entities, and transparent entities do not plot the way they are seen on screen. Try transparent. It won't look right on screen, but it might plot correctly.

Oh, and hi Leanne, good to see you in here! .-)