PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Lost level

Bryan Thatcher
2011-08-19, 12:51 PM
When I go to create a new Plan View, there are several levels there that aren't visible in any section or elevation. How can I access them to make them visible and edit them? I don't believe It's a workset, or visibility issue. Thanks.

cdatechguy
2011-08-19, 02:19 PM
The level's extents may have been stretched in a view....might create a new view or go to a uncropped elevation view and see if you can find it there and stretch it back...

Bryan Thatcher
2011-08-22, 06:14 PM
I was able to find them in one of the elevations. But what controls that? There is no plan component to a level (like sections cuts and views) that I can adjust. I think of a level as a plane that should cut through everything.

cdatechguy
2011-08-22, 06:41 PM
If you click on a level there should be a solid grip and a hollow grip....the hollow grip is the 3D extents of a level. Most of the time what happens is someone doesn't click the little 3D text to change a level to 2D and pulls the line all the way over to the side in an elevation. This causes the level not to be seen on the other side or anywhere else that the level won't intersect. So you have to adjust the grip back to align with everything else, then change to 2D to make it look correct.

mcantwell
2011-08-23, 09:24 AM
If you catch sight of a level in a view somewhere select it and assign it to a scope box.
A good sized scope box will bring it back all over. Unassign from the scope box if needed.
(big fan of scope boxes to control views, levels, elevations and sections. Especially when setting up the a project.
Also to hide nuisance levels make a scope box far away from views and assign the levels to it.