PDA

View Full Version : Stepped sections

gbrowne
2005-01-14, 12:52 PM
The stepped section line works great on plans, but doesn't seem to accurately show the step on the elevations.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Steve_Stafford
2005-01-14, 03:29 PM
...but doesn't seem to accurately show the step on the elevations...Can you define accurately please? A screen shot of what you mean perhaps?

rodneyf
2005-01-14, 06:11 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the section lines view dependent? What I mean by that is what you do to the section line in your plan doesn't reflect in elevations or building sections.

luigi
2005-01-14, 06:55 PM
Actually i have experienced the split section showing the true section with the correct elevation. (Now we are only talking about the actual cut section, not a different view) The split section just shows the portion of the project that the section graphically indicates..............was this sentence in English? Mi havo to go nowo to myo wifo....adios

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-01-14, 07:11 PM
was this sentence in English?
Not really :) Still not clear on what you mean. As Steve suggested, maybe a screen shot?

gbrowne
2005-01-14, 08:01 PM
I am at home now, the drawing is at work.

What I meant is I stepped the section to take a door in at one end, and a window at the other on plan. When I went to the relevant elevations, the section line was correctly positioned through the doorway on one, but through the wall on the other elevation, rather than passing through the window. However the section drawing shows both the door and window in section.

It is as if it showed it pre-stepped on elevation. I did a refresh, shut down windows etc, but no change.

So I ask again, has anybody else experienced this?

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-01-14, 10:39 PM
Now I get it.

See the attached image. I can replicate the problem but, after a little experimenting, I only found it happens on some sections.
Drawn left to right it does not work. Drawn right to left it does :?: (didn't try top to bottom or bottom to top)
Not sure if it has to do with the percentage of the split, the direction or whether the head or tail is displayed.
Sure is one of those things that makes you go "Hmmm?"
Further investigation is required. I'm on it gang!

luigi
2005-01-15, 10:51 AM
Adesso capisco qual e' il problema!!!!

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-01-15, 07:35 PM
After mucking with this for about an hour I can't get any sort of consistent behaviour out of the software.

Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Tried every form of variation I could think of and there does not seem to be a rational logic to when/how it works.

Time to have the factory check it out I think.

jarod.tulanowski
2005-01-17, 07:03 PM
wow a major bug!!! It is doing the same thing for me.

Scott D Davis
2005-01-17, 07:43 PM
Have any of you submitted this to Revit Support? They will test and see if this is an 'official' bug, but will only do so if someone submits it to support.

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-01-17, 07:57 PM
Submitted this morning.