PDA

View Full Version : Sweep at Garage Slab

hdjohnson
2003-10-14, 08:04 PM
I was trying to create a profile to use at the edge of the garage slab; however, it didn't workout too good. I have a few questions:

1) I used the linework tool to remove the edges of the footing profile in the distance; however, the fill pattern still remains. How do you get rid of this? I know I can change the view range; however, I would like to have the window displayed.

2) Is there any way to get the profile and the slab to match up so you don't have to edit out the lines where they meet?

3) I tried attaching parameters to the file so that I could specify the depth and width of the footing; however, it doesn't appear that I can change these values.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gregcashen
2003-10-14, 11:55 PM
I tend to model the slab as a floor and the footing as a wall that goes to the same level as the floor...then use the attach top/bottom to attach the top of the footing to the bottom of the slab. This works very well for me...you can also join geometry this way, which removes the lines you don't want to see. if you really must have the chamfered edge where the slab meets the footing, you could use a verticallycompund wall and apply a triangular profile to the top of the footing wall.

Allen Lacy
2003-10-15, 12:22 AM
I have used a sweep to create the chamfered edge. Make it category of foundations and then join geometry.

gregcashen
2003-10-15, 03:48 AM
The beauty of the vert. comp. wall is that you don't have to apply the sweep...you just place a wall and the chamfer is there so long as it is defined at the top of the wall.

Archman
2003-10-15, 01:54 PM
Try this, and then edit your floor slab edge back the width of the curb and then join geometry. Should get you what you want.

1. Turn off surface pattern in visibilty/graphics for floor slabs. Also try adding a filled region with earth pattern below the slab to represent the ground. It will cover up the footing in the distance.

2. join geometry of the slab edge and floor. This should take away lines where they meet.

3. I don't know of any way to change parameters for profiles in a slab edge family. I've always had to create different profiles for various slab edge types and sizes.

Hope this helps.

hdjohnson
2003-10-15, 05:20 PM
Thanks everyone for your responses. I really appreciate them.

Archman, thanks for modeling the profile, it works great. Thank you.