PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD for MAC 2012

randamille
2011-08-30, 02:05 PM
Any one using this product yet. I have a copy, but have not installed it yet. I am looking for reviews, especially concerning the ability to use LISP, and the ability to customize the menus.
--Randy Miller

tfullerpipes
2011-08-31, 01:34 AM
Just installed student version as free download. I use ACAD and Revit MEP daily on a PC and as if I don't do it enough, I have it now for Mac at home. It seems fairly straightforward. I would like to see if any third party MEP content providers add a Mac version.

Wanderer
2011-08-31, 01:32 PM
Any one using this product yet. I have a copy, but have not installed it yet. I am looking for reviews, especially concerning the ability to use LISP, and the ability to customize the menus.
--Randy Miller
I haven't used it myself, but, from the presentation I watched:
AutoLISP worked with it even in 2011.

Some parts of the API (vba/com dependencies) don’t work, but, most simple routines will.

The topic of menu customization didn't come up during that conversation.

Wanderer
2011-08-31, 04:59 PM
The topic of menu customization didn't come up during that conversation.Shaan Hurley (from Autodesk) just told me that 'yes' you can customize menus in AutoCAD for the Mac.

Nelson V
2015-02-17, 09:38 PM
Shaan Hurley (from Autodesk) just told me that 'yes' you can customize menus in AutoCAD for the Mac.

can you import custom menus (.mns or .cuix) autocad for mac?