PDA

View Full Version : Project phasing

Arkman
2011-08-30, 06:40 PM
I'm working on a project that will be bid in two packages. The first will be the core and shell then later we will bid the interiors package.

My boss wants us to show the core and shell like new wall and then dash in all of the interior partitions, etc.

I'm not really sure how to do this. I could just grab all the items on the interior and override in view but I'm sure there is a way to do this with phasing or something like that. The problem with doing that is...first it's time consuming to grab stuff wall by wall and override in view. Second I have to do the same thing when we start the next phase to turn them back to normal lines instead of dashed.

How would you guys do this?

cliff collins
2011-08-30, 06:44 PM
You can do it several ways:

1. Use Filters and create one called "Interior Finish" or something like that, apply the Filter to the walls,
then set up a View Template controlling visbility/graphics of the interior walls, which keep them separated
from the Shell/Core walls.

2. Use 2 models and link them. S/C model and an ID model. This is quite typical in the industry.
You can now Sheet and issue from each project separately. RAC 2012 has much improved control over using Linked files.

Phases COULD be used, or Design Options-- but I'd vote for either 1 or 2 above or perhaps even a combination.

cheers

Arkman
2011-08-30, 07:04 PM
We are too far into it to do a linked model, but i think the filter thing might be the way to go. I just don't understand how to do it exactly. I will keep researching it though.

Thanks Cliff...you helped again.