PDA

View Full Version : view range

sam1808
2003-10-14, 08:31 PM
i'm not sure why this isn't working, but I can't seem to get rid of floors below the one I'm looking at. I'm sure I've done what I can with the view range, but it is not having the effect i expected - i can still see floors below the 'bottom level'. I have attached a file that has the same problem, and if anybody is able to take a look and help me out I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance... Sam.

cgrover
2003-10-14, 09:08 PM
I played around with the view range and when I set the "Top", "Bottom" and View Depth to "Current Level" and then I set the Top Offset to 2000, the Cut Plane offset to 1000 and the Bottom Offset to 2000 it showed only Level 8, which is the level I was at. Not sure that this is the best way to do it, but it worked.

sam1808
2003-10-15, 12:03 AM
thanks for that cgrover, you're right, it works fine for level 8 (the top floor) but it's no good for the levels below. I have passed the problem on to autodesk help. Thanks again, sam

beegee
2003-10-15, 12:30 AM
I'm guessing it has something to do with the small floor to floor height of 500 mm. If you increase the height to a real world height of say 2500 mm, the visability works properly. Its possibly tied in the coding that has any wall less than 1000 mm high show as not cut.

Let us know what support says.