PDA

View Full Version : Null structures not responding

civil3Dguide
2011-09-06, 10:00 PM
I have a user with a water pipe network where null structures are used where pipes connect. The null structures will not move, nor can you swap them for other structures. If you create a new null structure it will respond once or twice and then it starts to act like the others. When a null is selected it seems fine, but when you try to move it the pipes disappear and the structure does not move, a regen gets the pipes to show up again. Any thoughts?

steelemarks539785
2011-09-20, 07:16 PM
I am having the same issue.

Civil 3D 2012 64bit
Xeon processor
8 gigs of ram

mjfarrell
2011-09-20, 07:33 PM
I have a user with a water pipe network where null structures are used where pipes connect. The null structures will not move, nor can you swap them for other structures. If you create a new null structure it will respond once or twice and then it starts to act like the others. When a null is selected it seems fine, but when you try to move it the pipes disappear and the structure does not move, a regen gets the pipes to show up again. Any thoughts?

What version/and service pack?

May I see a copy of the affected file @ mjfarrell@earthlink.net ?

I will review the data and advise further.

civil3Dguide
2011-09-20, 08:04 PM
2012 no service pack

I removed the rules that were applied by mistake and ran a recoverall (5 xrefs) and one of these steps seems to have fixed the issue.

mjfarrell
2011-09-20, 08:10 PM
2012 no service pack

I removed the rules that were applied by mistake and ran a recoverall (5 xrefs) and one of these steps seems to have fixed the issue.

it was most likely a rules conflict. As the XREF files would have no impact on the pipes networks.
data references for sure, XREFS not at all.

I would be happy to look at that other file, should removing the rules from that particular structure/part catalog entry not resolve the issue as well.

In the interest of science one should be alter a copy of the original file and ONLY remove the rules to verify the above conclusion.