PDA

View Full Version : Export to DWG problems

wurschel
2011-09-09, 08:00 PM
Does anyone have any idea why, when I export a floor plan view to DWG, I end up with pieces of elements a mile and a half away from the original location? This started about a year and a half ago (two versions), and has been getting progressively worse. If I export a plan, 3/4 of the boxes around the room numbers (part of the room tag family) will be shifted en masse about a mile from the rest of the family. The same happens to various column grid heads, though these are far less predictable, and go in different directions. I suspect that part of the problem has to do with linking files, and exporting data from them, but it worked for more than a year before that. So far it is localized to my current set of files (6 files, all interlinked with shared coordinates, total about 700,000sf), and until recently it was only detail elements that were affected. Now, if I export a furniture plan from the host file with the furniture as a link, the furniture itself gets moved 6000', and is scaled up 100 times.

Help?
thanks

sbrown
2011-09-09, 08:13 PM
It sounds like you created your model far away(very far) from revits project 0,0. Turn on the project base point and see where it is.

anna.oscarson
2011-09-12, 09:27 AM
Hello,
Would you mind to send me the Revit project file, so that we can take a look at this?
Thanks,
Anna Oscarson (anna.oscarson@autodesk.com)
Autodesk, Inc.

wurschel
2011-09-14, 06:42 PM
I was not aware of the project base point visibility setting, it has to be a fairly recent addition, because I know it didn't exist when the files were set up. They were created in Revit 9.1 with shared coordinates, and have been upgraded to every version since then. Turning on the base point shows the origin to be in the right direction in relation to the actual building for the detail elements to be shifting. This is interesting though, since I know that what we specified as the shared coordinate origin was in the center of the default template building elevations (or course, four years ago I was still learning the program, so I can't speak to exactly what we did).
I can try sending you the files, however they are 750 megs total.

anna.oscarson
2011-09-15, 10:25 AM
Please send me an email and I will give you access to Buzzsaw where the files can be uploaded.

Thanks,
Anna