PDA

View Full Version : Half-Tone Regions

jeff.95551
2011-09-12, 10:38 PM
I've got a commercial remodel (TI) that's an expansion to a space we designed 2 years ago. We're doing some tinkering to a few locations on the existing space as well as an expansion. I would like to have the floor plan and RCP show up as half-tone except for the areas we are working in. I originally thought that we could do plan regions around the Scope-of-Work areas and control that, but plan regions are very limited in what they do. I don't want to go to the trouble of stacking plans for all these little boxes - if that is the only way to do it, I'll just do it the old fashioned way, with big, dark dashed lines...

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

cdatechguy
2011-09-12, 11:47 PM
Use phases....

jeff.95551
2011-09-15, 05:04 PM
I am, unless there is something more that I can do with phases... with the "Previous + New" setting, the existing walls are lines and the new stuff is dark. Works ok with walls, but it is too subtle for everything else, like casework. And the existing stuff isn't half-tone, just thin lines. I was looking for something graphically elegant, but I don't want to risk missed information for the sake of an elegant drawing.

Thanks for the reply!

Jeff

cdatechguy
2011-09-15, 05:33 PM
If you open up the Phases settings (Manage-->Phasing-->Phases) and select the Graphic Overrides tab, you can change the way everything looks there. Including making the existing halftone...

jeff.95551
2011-10-18, 11:56 PM
Cool! Thank you!