PDA

View Full Version : Verify multiple links locations

SamuelAB
2011-09-13, 12:22 PM
I have a project with about 20+ linked files, I know that 2 or 3 of the links have moved and they were all inserted with Shared Coordinates. I did not pin down all the links so at least one of them moved slightly.

What is the easiest way to determine which links moved without just removing them all an re-inserting ? (too time consuming since there are so many).

cdatechguy
2011-09-13, 02:30 PM
Click on each link and look at the Properties window....it should say if the location is shared or project

SamuelAB
2011-09-13, 03:47 PM
My issues is that some of the links were not pinned. If it has been moved, it will still say Shared.

All links were initially inserted with Shared Coordinates.

2112cadman
2011-09-14, 11:53 AM
Can you turn on the Project Base Point for each link (under Visibility Graphics / Site Category)
I believe these base points should all be in the same location if the location is shared.

SamuelAB
2011-09-15, 02:10 PM
I think the reason why the grids moved is because we have elements in the other files that are 400 KM away from the base point, so it corrupted the locations of the grids.

I've applied a temporary fix.

2112:I've gone into my full 3d view and hid everything except my Base pint and Survey point. My link are loaded. I moved the point around and I did not see the Survey Point or Project point of the other projects, perhaps I am doing something wrong, perhaps they are following the points I moved. I tried moving the points as clipped AND unclipped, no difference. I obviously ctrl-Z out of it after the test.

2112cadman
2011-09-19, 12:10 PM
Samuel: Yeah, you are right. I thought you would be able to see Base point and Survey point across the link, but it is not even an option under the Site catagory of the link to turn them on. Seems like this would be a decent feature to make sure Shared coordinates are really aligned....