PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Default value for a project parameter in revit

s.kamyab
2011-09-14, 01:32 PM
Hello,
When creating a project parameter , is it possible to define a default value for it right from the beginning ? (like parameters in family environment)
Example :
I add a text parameter to views category and want to define a default so that when i create a view, i'll have that default value already.

Cheers

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-10-03, 07:53 AM
No way I am aware of. Can you add the default value to a view template that you can assign to the new views?

Theophilus
2012-01-31, 11:37 PM
Is it still the case that Default value for a project parameter in revit is not posible?

Are there any other ways to add a default parameter value for a view?

I just hate having to deal with the ??? ...

Thank you for the help :)

Steve_Stafford
2012-01-31, 11:58 PM
If you are referring to views, then no...not yet. If you are referring to component families then yes, you can supply a default value (for instance parameters) that Revit will use initially. Type parameters are already preset so they are the default value :)

Theophilus
2012-02-01, 03:41 PM
Thank you for letting me know. Even bad news is better then no news... :)

Is there anyway to avoid having the ??? every time I create a new view?

I"m just simply trying to organize my working (design) views from my sheet views...

Thanks for the help!

patricks
2012-02-01, 04:29 PM
Are you using Structural or MEP? I've seen that ??? in the project browser when I open a consultant model, but haven't seen it in my own RAC models. What field is the ??? referencing?

Dimitri Harvalias
2012-02-01, 04:44 PM
The ???'s show up when you alter your browser organization based on the new parameter that you add and that parameter has a null value.

Steve_Stafford
2012-02-01, 05:27 PM
If you sort your views By Level as a criteria that's fine for plan views but elevations, sections and 3D views...even drafting views don't have a understanding of "level" as a criteria. They are dependent on levels...sections and elevations show levels, they aren't on them.

When Revit sees a criteria that doesn't make sense (or is just empty) the answer is ??? or "huh?" :)