PDA

View Full Version : MS Access database that can export Family Tables?

Michi-Ken
2011-09-15, 02:31 PM
Has anyone built a MS Access database that can export Family Tables? Or knows of a 3rd party application that all the type information can be houses in a database, and the family table's TXT is just an export. The family tables we create are nemorus, and lengthly family tabels, and Excel just is not cutting the mustard.

cliff collins
2011-09-15, 03:31 PM
There is an add-in/Extension from Autodesk called DB Link that can do this. I believe it is available on the Subscription Center.

cheers

Haden
2012-01-23, 09:14 PM
I thought I remembered a new feature in 2012 that allowed you to export the types that have been built within a family file to a Type Table .txt file, and I found it. With a familiy (.rfa) file open, just go to the Application Menu -- Export - Family Types (per attached screenshot). If you have already defined types for a family inside of a project rather than in the family file prior to loading into a project, then you can edit that family directly from the project, and in turn, export those types from the family to a Type Table.

You may not be looking for a single manual way to do this rather than a batch export, but for what some people may need from time to time, I find this very useful.