PDA

View Full Version : Reflected Ceiling Plan not showing revit link elements

barbara.ivo557941
2011-09-21, 03:55 PM
Hi!

I'm modeling a building and the structural elements where modeled in another archive (but still in RAC) that I linked in my architecture model archive.

I need to see, at the 1st floor plan, the projection of the structural beams that are under the 2nd floor, so, I set the underlay to show the reflected ceiling plan of the 1st floor level, since these beams are showing at the ceiling.

The view range top is above the bottom level of the beams.

Why can't I see them, is it just because it's a link?

Please, what am I doing wrong, I often get to know that the problem is not Revit, it's me.

Thanks.

cliff collins
2011-09-21, 04:12 PM
Make sure Structural Framing is turned on in your view, in both your model and the Linked model.

Check the Underlay and see if it is set to Plan or Reflected Ceiling--see if these make any difference.

Turn the view to Wireframe mode and see if you can see the beams.

Make sure the beams are not Hidden (with the "lightbulb tool".)

Make sure the beams are not on a Workset that is turned off in the Structural model--check in VG under Revit Links.

cheers

barbara.ivo557941
2011-09-21, 05:10 PM
Cliff,
all itens checked, except for worksets, since I didn't enabled worksharing.
And I also made a structural concret beam in the model, exactly like the ones in the link, and it appeared just like expected to.
What else must be wrong???
Thanks a lot for your time!

rbuch
2011-09-22, 06:15 PM
The Cut Plane of the RCP overlay is controlled by the Cut Plane of the 1st floor plan. If you raise the Cut Plane of the floor plan to be above the ceiling the RCP overlay will display the structural items.

barbara.ivo557941
2011-10-11, 05:47 PM
Rbuch,

If I raise the cut plane, I loose lots of other visibility configurations I need, and I also "cut" the concrete beams, not showing them "reflected", but "cut".

I'm having too much trouble with it, needing to bind everytime I have a deadline date, and restoring the link to continue working - loosing lots of tags, dimensions...

ajayholland
2011-10-12, 03:23 PM
Barbara,

You're not doing anything wrong. We also recently discovered these limitations while using linked models. I can't remember the specifics just now; only that the view range and underlay adjustments did not work as expected.
We've concluded that tagging and dimensioning of linked elements, while possible, is 'volitile' to say the least!

~AJH

barbara.ivo557941
2011-10-12, 11:57 PM
Thanks, A. Jay. If you find any tricks to dribble this, please let me know. I'll do too if I find. :-)

sbrown
2011-10-13, 03:30 PM
Also note that structural framing needs to be set to detail level fine, to see more than just a line.