PDA

View Full Version : Default View Template

antman
2011-09-21, 04:02 PM
Is there a way to change which default view template is automatically applied to newly created views?

antman
2011-09-27, 03:31 PM
Answer:
In the Apply View Template dialog, there is a checkbox in the lower left corner to 'Apply automatically to new views of same type' - check it.

Joshua Kohl
2011-10-11, 02:13 PM
Answer:
In the Apply View Template dialog, there is a checkbox in the lower left corner to 'Apply automatically to new views of same type' - check it.

I think the wording of the text next to the check box of "'Apply automatically to new views of same type" is quite misleading. For what the check box accomplishes it should say something to the affect of "'Apply automatically to new views of same FAMILY".

Maybe I am missing something but like many offices we have multiple elevation views which comprise several different "types" all under the elevation "family". Each type having a different set of appearance needs. When I right click on an elevation and go to "Apply View Template" then click that checkbox, it makes it the default view template for all my elevations, not just the "type" that I right clicked under.

I am a little confused.

greg.mcdowell
2011-10-14, 06:43 PM
You're right on the money. In addition, from my experience and I hope someone can point out that I'm wrong, Elevations and Sections are considered the same by View Templates.

antman
2012-06-27, 04:39 PM
Am I missing something, or did this go away in 2013?