PDA

View Full Version : Schedule help

Exar Kun
2005-01-17, 01:57 AM
In going with the other thread I created, I'm trying to make an area schedule that is sorted thus:

Level -> Area Type -> Total of that area type

I'm not interested in specific names of areas (rooms etc), just their function. So each level can have a number of area types and each of those area types has a total area (each room of that area type added together).

I've tried a number of methods of sorting and grouping but I can manage this. And I can't figure out how to add together all the room areas of a particular type on a particular floor to give me the total I am after.

Thanks.

Mr Spot
2005-01-17, 02:44 AM
And I can't figure out how to add together all the room areas of a particular type on a particular floor to give me the total I am after.

Thanks.

Make sure "Calculate Totals" is selected in the schedule.

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-01-17, 02:48 AM
Quick and easy method is to just use one of the unused parameters for your room tag (for instance, DEPARTMENT) . When creating your schedule just include the field and then you will be able to sort on it. Once you sort on it you can do subtotals of the various functions.
If you do this sort of thing often then you might look into creating shared parameters that specifically list the function of the room

Exar Kun
2005-01-17, 02:53 AM
Make sure "Calculate Totals" is selected in the schedule.
If select "Grand Totals" the all I can get is a count on the number of fields. Totals don't seem to show up - i.e. nothing shows up if I select "totals only". Also, if I group the fields by area type, select, "grand totals" and untick itemize, I get no value at all in the area field.

beegee
2005-01-17, 03:10 AM
Under the Schedule Properties > Formating, select the Area parameter and tick the box for "Calculate Totals ".

Under the Sorting grouping tab, select Grand Totals, Totals only, itemize every instance.

If select "Grand Totals" the all I can get is a count on the number of fields. Totals don't seem to show up - i.e. nothing shows up if I select "totals only". Also, if I group the fields by area type, select, "grand totals" and untick itemize, I get no value at all in the area field.

Exar Kun
2005-01-17, 03:21 AM
Under the Schedule Properties > Formating, select the Area parameter and tick the box for "Calculate Totals ".

Under the Sorting grouping tab, select Grand Totals, Totals only, itemize every instance.
Oops - my mistake! Thank you for the clarification. :)

Mr Spot
2005-01-17, 03:50 AM
Thanks BG, i'm not feeling all that well (brain is approaching explosion point), I knew i should've explained better.

Cheers.

Exar Kun
2005-01-17, 03:58 AM
Hehe, Mr Spot. I swear I have a saturation point and some things I learned how to do in Revit some time ago I just can't remember anymore - this was one of them. The "Calculate totals" button was very familiar once I found it. :)