PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to my "slope"?

Design Apparatus
2011-09-21, 09:43 PM
I know I have figured this out before...but it has been awhile.
I am making a deck on the second floor of my model.
After I draw the sketch lines for the deck, I pick the "slope arrow" tool to add a 1/2"/12" slope to it. My problem is the slope arrow does not let me change from a default of 4"/12" in the properties (i.e. the properties of the slope arrow stay grayed out and do not let me edit them).
I am getting a bit irritated after 4-5 tries:(
I've done something in the during this part of my workflow that will not let me change the slope of floors...any ideas? I am trying to add the slope during the "sketch" phase of the floor creation; no, I do not have any of the sketch lines picked when I add the slope arrow.
I'll quit spinning my wheels on this and come back to see if anyone has pointed me in the right direction.

renogreen
2011-09-21, 09:56 PM
The default for using the slope arrow is Height at Tail...under Constraints in the Properties...change it to Slope.

Design Apparatus
2011-09-21, 10:00 PM
...uncollapsed the properties dialogue box so I actually could see the option to change the constraints of the slope arrow! Sheesh! I feel silly now...back to work.
Thanks for the reply...got me to look at the properties dialogue box just a bit more closely to see it was actually "closed" from view.