PDA

View Full Version : Can't open locked R13 file with 2004LT

markb81166
2005-01-17, 03:01 PM
I had created a drawing in R13- it was inadvertently locked- I have since uninstalled R13 (no backup) and am using 2004LT; which opens the R13 files (except locked ones, apparently).
Is there a way (utility, command) to unlock the file so I can open it?

Wish my first post could have been more profound, but I really need to open this file!

Thanks!

Mark

Mike.Perry
2005-01-17, 03:03 PM
Hi Mark

Please note I've *moved* this thread from the Software (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117) Forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Mike.Perry
2005-01-17, 03:06 PM
Hi

Can you please explain a little more by what you mean by "locked" a R13 drawing file.

Could you post the drawing file here so we could take a look, hopefully someone will be able to Open it for you then post it back to this thread in an unlocked state.

Have a good one, Mike

BrenBren
2005-01-17, 03:16 PM
In R13, a file that was opened by someone else was considered locked, if I recall correctly. Is this what you are referring to? If so, didn't AutoCAD create a file with the same drawing name, different extension, to indicate a file was locked? What if you just delete that file?

It has been a long time since I have used 13, so I am not sure if this is accurate or not, but why don't you try searching to see if there is the same drawing name with a different extension, or try moving the file to a different folder and see if you can open it from there.

If this is not the type of locked file you are referring to, let us know.

HTH

I had created a drawing in R13- it was inadvertently locked- I have since uninstalled R13 (no backup) and am using 2004LT; which opens the R13 files (except locked ones, apparently).
Is there a way (utility, command) to unlock the file so I can open it?

Wish my first post could have been more profound, but I really need to open this file!

Thanks!

Mark

Lemons
2005-01-19, 02:59 PM
Try inserting it into a blank drawing and explode it. I don't really think this will work, but it's worth a try.

It seems to me that the lock was coded into the file itself in R13, but don't take my word on that. My memory's not what it used to be at all.

robert.1.hall72202
2005-01-19, 05:01 PM
please post the file.....ive got an old copy of r13 on a dinosaur pc here.

BrenBren
2005-01-19, 05:12 PM
I got a PM from Mark saying that copying the file to a different directory worked. Problem solved :)