PDA

View Full Version : 2011 30x42 pdf wont print landscape

revituser195
2011-09-26, 04:09 PM
In Revit 2011 I'm trying to print a custom paper size from Adobe PDF - it always wants to print protrait.

I've set Landscape in the print dialog in both the printer properties and Settings / Setup.

I've tried setting the paper size to bot 30x42 and 42x30. No combination of any prints to the correct orientation.

Print PDF in help returns "no results found". You would think doing something this basic would be just a bit easier.

Please help me, thanks.
Rob

sbrown
2011-09-26, 07:47 PM
Make sure you create your custom PDF page size correctly. This isn't a revit issue, 30x42 is a sheet size we use all the time to pdf without any issues. It does have to be set up thru Adobe first.

revituser195
2011-09-26, 09:10 PM
Revit Print Dialog > Adobe PDF > Properties > Adobe PDF Settings tab > Add page size:

I've added a 42x30 and a 30x42, changing the height and width. Both print portrait. See image.

Is there another place that needs to set orientation?

Thank you for your time

cdatechguy
2011-09-26, 09:46 PM
Make sure your Orientation for Adobe PDF is Landscape..once that is set leave it...don't try to adjust sizes in both places, let Revit figure it out.

When you print from Revit and select the Print Settings "Setup": setup as pic...

If you go back into the Properties for the Adobe PDF printer you will lose what is setup as in the attached pic. So stay out of there unless you want to modify the dpi...