PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Export Phases to AutoCAD

phyllisr
2011-09-26, 09:37 PM
In Revit 2011, phases were exported based on a layer assignment in the .txt file that drives the settings. In Revit 2012, though we can still load custom export .txt files, the phases no longer have a layer control. If we export from 2011 (using the AIA file or our custom file), existing and demo layers export correctly. Exporting the same content using the same files in Revit 2012 yeilds a result that does not respect phases.

I have been unable to find any documentation on this issue though I just submitted this as a critical issue to support. While I wait, does anyone have any magic solutions? We are providing backgrounds in AutoCAD for a few design partners not working in Revit and distinguishing between new, demo and existing is critical.

Suggestions that our non-Revit team members get on board with Revit will be cheerfully ignored. This is an immediate problem, not a long-term strategy discussion about BIM and modeling philosphy. :)

Thank you in advance.

anna.oscarson
2011-09-27, 09:32 AM
Please see the following wiki page:
http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/index.php?title=Revit/enu/Community/Tips_%26_Tricks/Import,_Export,_Layers/Export_to_CAD_in_Revit_2012_does_not_Include_Layer_Phase_Status

Hope this helps!
Anna

DaveP
2011-09-27, 02:09 PM
Is it possible to add those Phase Status setting to a .txt file?
I know that the "approved method" of getting the DWG settings into a project is to use Transfer Project Settings, but we have several .txt files already created that have our client's layer standards. It would be a whole lot easier to just add the {Phase Status} to the .txt file, import it and THEN use Transfer Standards.