PDA

View Full Version : Odd Visibility Problem

Eric Stewart
2011-09-27, 04:53 PM
I have an elevation in which interior components are visible. The wall is not transparent, neither is the wall category set to transparent. If I move the components farther away from the elevation mark, they eventually disappear. The elevation is NOT clipped.

I am at a loss for an explanation.

Image Attached

amindez9667
2011-09-27, 05:56 PM
Ok so there is no graphic override on the wall or its category. Hmm… have you checked the model graphic style- it may be set to wire frame. I am not sure why the componets disappear when moved back since there is no far clipping set for the view.

Brian Carino
2011-09-28, 06:06 AM
What do you want to achieve? An elevation showing the interior components or otherwise?

Eric Stewart
2011-09-28, 04:48 PM
It is an exterior building elevation. I am trying to figure out why the components on the interior are showing through.

sven.129574
2011-09-29, 01:08 PM
Is the discipline of the view set to something other than "Architectural" or "Coordination"?

Are the washer, dryer, etc. in the same model as the wall, or are they in a linked model?

I'm not sure why moving the interior items farther away makes them disappear, but what happens if you instead move the elevation plane (not just the symbol, but the blue line you see when you click the point of the elevation tag) farther away from the interior items?

Eric Stewart
2011-09-29, 02:49 PM
Discipline is Architectural, as it should be. The only linked model is the structure.

The far clip was set to none. Changing it to Clip Without Line made some items disappear. Changing it to Clip With Line made it appear as it should.

Very strange. I've never experienced anything like this before.

Mike Sealander
2011-09-30, 12:23 PM
Delete the elevation. It may be corrupted. I'm assuming your problem only occurs with that one elevation view.

DaveP
2011-09-30, 01:48 PM
Try editing the family.
Go to a perpendicular View (like Left) and Zoom Fit
My guess is there's a stray line or something hanging out in front of the Washer/Dryer.
If it's in a non-cuttable category (like Specialty Equipment) and anything intersects your View Cut Plane, the entire family will show.
It may be a stray line or an Invisible line.
Reference Planes & Dimensions should be OK

Eric Stewart
2011-09-30, 02:41 PM
I thought of that also. That is not the case in this instance. Along with the W/D and Refg. family, there are walls and ceilings also appearing.

Eric Stewart
2011-09-30, 02:43 PM
A new elevation behaves in the same manner.