PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Door Panels

ArchitortureIntern
2011-09-27, 07:04 PM
Title says it all. I have a door family that shows these grey panels sticking out from the actual door family. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing them as there is no panel sticking out in the family or anything of the sort. Anyone else have this problem or might know a solution?

Thanks in advance

jcoe
2011-09-27, 08:23 PM
From the image, it looks as though the problem is with the door family. It appears as though the panel is not locked into position in the door family. If you could post the actual family, I can analyze it further.

antman
2011-09-27, 09:09 PM
I had something similar happen, that I have written up to being a glitch while loading the family. I created a door family and loaded it into 10 projects. In two of the projects, the panels shifted strangely (I used nested panel families) but in the rest they came in fine. I changed the doors back to the previously defined family, purged the new type along with the panel family type and reloaded it, and all was well. Sorry not a very good answer, but maybe something worth trying in case it fixes the problem.

cdatechguy
2011-09-27, 10:43 PM
Think jcoe has the right idea....the panels are not locked to a reference plane, or a reference plane is not constrained....

Alex Page
2011-09-28, 04:14 AM
Try opening up one of the families, draw a line then delete the line (so revit thinks the family has changed) and reload into your project

Brian Carino
2011-09-28, 05:56 AM
From the image, it looks as though the problem is with the door family. It appears as though the panel is not locked into position in the door family. If you could post the actual family, I can analyze it further.

Yep, I can only see the door family as the culprit. Editing the family indeed and locking those panels into position should solve your conflict. If there are subfamilies within the door family, you should try to look into that tree too.